Hi, I’m Phil!
When my wife decided that she wanted to follow her dreams and go to university, we had to consider who would look after our two young daughters while she studied two hundred miles away.
We didn’t really want a stranger to look after our children and we couldn’t afford it anyway so that left me.
I’ve loved being able to spend more time with my two girls and my relationship with them has improved immeasurably so I have few regrets about the choice we made.
Why I created Parent @ Home
Since becoming a stay-at-home parent I’ve had to:
- learn how to organise my time (it’s really hard looking after a home and family)
- find ways to improve our finances by working online
- become an awesome parent by cooking healthy meals and discovering ways to entertain a toddler and pre-schooler
I created this site to share some of the things that I learned along the way.
I kind of hope that it will help some of you out there too. 🙂
What you can expect here
This is a site for stay-at-home parents that’s being written by a dad with a toddler and an autistic pre-schooler.
Here’s what I’ll be focusing on:
- Productivity for parents (probably with a bias towards dads as the Mommy Bloggers have the female viewpoint covered, although I’d welcome guest bloggers that can offer a unique perspective).
- Money-making ideas that you can do at home, around a busy schedule
- Food for picky kids (some healthy… some not so much)
- Activities to keep the little people occupied